– After WWE Hall of Famer Jim Ross was fired on Monday Night RAW 2 weeks ago by John Laurinaitis, many (including Jim Ross) were surprised when Ross was booked for the following week’s show from Mexico City.
The decision to bring Jim Ross back to RAW so quickly was made after WWE evaluated the television ratings from the show where Ross was fired. An analysis of the minute-to-minute ratings revealed that ratings plummeted immediately after Ross was fired. Additionally, WWE received a ton of negative feedback online via social media. As for JR’s future on WWE television, the belief is that anything is possible at this point.
– This week’s inside joke is that even though Randy Orton is currently the man scheduled to win the 2012 Royal Rumble, those plans may change as soon as Vince McMahon realizes the Rumble takes place from Orton’s home town of St. Louis. As evidenced by the way Jim Ross was fired when RAW took place from Oklahoma, WWE has a track record of burying people in front of their home town crowds.
– WWE’s stock price has rebounded to the $10/share level this week after recently dipping below. Part of the reason for the rebound is that a few financial publications classified the stock as a “buy” – since the company is still very profitable. $9 The stock pride which was below $9 for a while, is now up to $10.10 afer an article listing WWE as a bargain because of how low the price had gotten and that they are still turning a profit.
– Congratulations go out to Jack Swagger, who is now a father. Swagger and his wife Catalina White, a former Maxim model and developmental wrestler, had a baby boy on 10/17 named Knox Stribling Hager.
* Pictures of Jack Swagger’s Smokin’ Hot Wife – CATALINA WHITE
(Source: Wrestling Observer Newsletter)