Friday, March 3, 2017
- GOP members in the House are avoiding regular order by keeping their repeal plan for the Affordable Care Act (ACA) hidden from public view and it appears as though they are trying to ram through a vote on their bill before the cost of repeal can be objectively calculated by the Congressional Budget Office (CBO)—an unprecedented move.
- Call your Representative and two Senators today and ask that they make a public statement calling on AG Jeff Sessions to resign. It’s not that he had a communications with Russian officials, it’s that he lied about it. By Sessions’ own standards, someone who has committed perjury must leave office. Demand a special counsel.
- . The Indivisible Guide has a sample script and additional information .
- Learn more and share the campaign by using the hashtag on social media
- On International Women’s Day— —women and their allies across the world will act together for equity, justice and the human rights of women and all gender-oppressed people, through a one-day demonstration of economic solidarity
- Learn more on the websites
- Tell people what you’re fighting for, and encourage them to join the cause, by sharing your story/demand using the hashtag
- Find events and actions by location
What You Can Be Doing Everyday
- Check out the Indivisible Guide’s “Capitol Calendar.” See if there’s a local Indivisible group in your area. If there isn’t, start one.
- ” also has a running schedule of events and actions.
- Sign up to receive ” on your mobile device
- Every day: Make your voice heard with “5 Calls” (because calling actually works)
- Every Sunday: Join “Ready to Resist” Strategy Calls
- Every Tuesday: #ResistTrumpTuesdays (or on Twitter)