New Japan Pro Wrestling proudly presents it’s Wrestle Kingdom 13 PPV Event which emanates from The Tokyo Dome in Tokyo, Japan with all the titles in NJPW being on the line.
Advertised for The PPV: IWGP Heavyweight Champion “The Best Bout Machine” Kenny Omega defends his IWGP Heavyweight Title against “The Ace Of NJPW” Hiroshi Tanahashi, IWGP Intercontinental Champion Chris Jericho defends his IWGP Intercontinental Title against Tetsuya Naito in a No DQ Match, IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Champion KUSHIDA defends his IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Title against “The Bone Soldier” Taiji Ishimori, IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Tag Team Champions Suzuki-gun (Yoshinobu Kanemaru & El Desperado) defends their IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Tag Team Titles against Roppongi 3K (SHO & YOH) and Los Ingobernables de Japon (BUSHI & Shingo Takagi) in a Three-Way Match, RevPro British Heavyweight Champion “The Stone Pitbull” Tomohiro Ishii defends his RevPro British Heavyweight Title against Zack Sabre Jr., IWGP United States Champion “The American Nightmare” Cody Rhodes defends his IWGP United States Title against “The Flamboyant” Juice Robinson, IWGP Heavyweight Tag Team Champions The Guerrillas Of Destiny (“The Bad Boy” Tama Tonga & Tanga Loa) defends their IWGP Heavyweight Tag Team Titles against Los Ingobernables De Japon (“King Of Darkness” EVIL & “Cold Skull” SANADA) and The Young Bucks (Matt & Nick Jackson) in a Three-Way Match, NEVER Openweight Champion “The Golden Star” Kota Ibushi defends his NEVER Openweight Title against “The Aerial Assassin” Will Ospreay, “The Rainmaker” Kazuchika Okada takes on “Switchblade” Jay White and CHAOS (Hirooki Goto, Beretta & Chuckie T) battles Suzuki-gun (Minoru Suzuki, Lance Archer & Davey Boy Smith Jr.), Ryusuke Taguchi, Togi Makabe & Toru Yano, Yuji Nagata, ROH World Television Champion Jeff Cobb & David Finlay and The Elite (“The Villain” Marty Scurll, Hangman Page & “The Tokyo Pimp” Yujiro Takahashi) in a Number One Contenders Gauntlet Match for The NEVER Openweight Six-Man Tag Team Titles as part of The Pre-Show. Below are the full results from the show:
– Most Violent Players (Togi Makabe & Toru Yano) & Ryusuke Taguchi Wins The NEVER Openweight 6-Man No. 1 Contenders Gauntlet Match.
First Fall: “Blue Justice” Yuji Nagata, David Finlay & ROH World Television Champion Jeff Cobb def. The Elite (“The Tokyo Pimp” Yujiro Takahashi, Hangman Page & “The Villain” Marty Scurll). Nagata and Scurll begins with some mat work. Scurll teases the finger break spot, but Nagata counters it with a kick to the hamstring and an inverted figure four. Cobb gets a tag and Scurll’s team triple teams him. Page hits a standing shooting star in the ring, a shooting star off the apron and a buckshot lariat for a two count. Cobb comes back with a fallaway slam and tags Finlay. Page tags in Yujiro. Yujiro hits a fisherman buster for a near-fall. Finlay hits a uranage, but Owens trips him from the floor. Yujiro accidentally crashes into Owens and Finlay rolls up Yujiro to win the first fall. They teased dissension between Page and his teammates after they were eliminated.
Second Fall: “Blue Justice” Yuji Nagata, David Finlay & ROH World Television Champion Jeff Cobb def. CHAOS (Beretta, Chuckie T & Hirooki Goto). Chuckie hits a tope con hilo and Beretta hits an Asai moonsault. Goto hits an ushigoroshi on Nagata for a near-fall. Nagata hits an exploder and a belly-to-belly on Beretta, then both tags out. Cobb hits a tour of the islands and a standing moonsault on Goto for a near-fall. Finlay and Chuckie get tags. Finlay hits a back elbow. Chuckie hits a piledriver for a near-fall. Chuckie misses a top rope moonsault and Finlay rolls him up for the pin.
Third Fall: Suzuki-gun (Minoru Suzuki, Davey Boy Smith Jr. & Lance Archer) def. “Blue Justice” Yuji Nagata, David Finlay & ROH World Television Champion Jeff Cobb. Suzuki-gun attacks before the bell as they have done a time or two before. Suzuki and Nagata trade strikes. Cobb and Smith get tags. Cobb misses a standing moonsault and Smith uses a Saito suplex for a near-fall. Suzuki and Nagata continues to go at it on the outside. Archer gets a tag and Smith and Archer hits the killer bomb on Finlay for the pin.
Fourth Fall: Most Violent Players (Togi Makabe & Toru Yano) & Ryusuke Taguchi def. Suzuki-gun (Minoru Suzuki, Davey Boy Smith Jr. & Lance Archer). Suzuki-gun attacks Taguchi’s team in the aisle as they entered. Suzuki, Smith and Archer beats down Taguchi in the ring. Archer does the rope walk spot. Taguchi misses a hip attack, but tags Makabe. Makabe runs wild with ten punches in the corner. Makabe and Suzuki trade strikes. Suzuki gets the upper hand. Makabe makes a tag to Yano, who kicks out of several double team moves from Smith and Archer. The match breaks down and everyone goes nuts. Taguchi hits Suzuki with a short hip attack to the stomach and Suzuki sells it. The finish sees Yano hit Smith with a low blow and he rolls him up for the pin.
– “The Aerial Assassin” Will Ospreay def. “The Golden Star” Kota Ibushi To Win The NEVER Openweight Title. Insane. There were many, many flips, but perhaps not as many as you might have expected coming in. They had a very hard-hitting match and both guys took a lot of shots to the head. Ospreay hits a monkey flip for the first bit of offense that connected. Ibushi hits a dropkick. He goes for the golden triangle, but Ospreay kicks him out of mid-air, then connects with a space flying tiger drop. The pace slows down and Ospreay decides to strike with Ibushi. Ibushi hits a snap rana and Ospreay rolls to the floor. Ibushi hits a corkscrew moonsault and bounces from the top rope to the floor. He follows up with a springboard dropkick. Ibushi hist a bridging german for a near-fall. Ospreay uses a surprise cradle out of nowhere for a near-fall. Ibushi and Ospreay exchanges kicks. Ibushi hits a powerslam, but Ospreay no-sells it and hits a cheeky nandos kick. They exchange strikes again and Ibushi drops Ospreay with a palm to the chest. Ospreay slips out of a last ride attempt, they do a crazy series of counters and reversals and Ospreay finally connects with a standing spanish fly. Ospreay kicks Ibushi in the head. Ibushi slips out of a storm breaker. Ibushi hits a bomaye, blasting Ospreay in the head with his knee. Ibushi uses a last ride for a near-fall. Ospreay ties Ibushi to the tree of woe and kicks him in the head repeatedly. Ibushi was bleeding from the nose and mouth. Ospreay teases a top rope storm breaker, but Ibushi escapes and hits a double stomp on the top rope. Ibushi goes for a german off the second rope, but Ospreay escapes. Ospreay hits a Robinson special, but Ibushi blocks an Oscutter and hits a german for a near-fall. Ibushi goes for a kamigoye, but Ospreay escapes. Ospreay hits a huge lariat. Ibushi hits a spike package piledriver for a near-fall. Ospreay lands right on his head on that one. Ospreay hits another shot, an elbow right to the back of the head, then hits the storm breaker for the pin. It was just an angle, but they took Ibushi out of the ring on a back board.
– Los Ingobernables de Japon (Shingo Takagi & BUSHI) def. Suzuki-gun (Yoshinobu Kanemaru & El Desperado) & Roppongi 3K (SHO & YOH) To Win The IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Tag Team Titles. All action match. A complete sprint. Kanemaru & Desperado jumps everyone before the bell. SHO & YOH makes a quick comeback and hits stereo dives to the floor. SHO & Shingo trade strikes and the crowd was really into it. SHO & YOH hit Shingo with some tandem offense. Kanemaru tries to spit whiskey, but escapes. Shingo hits a pair of pumping bombers on SHO for a near-fall. BUSHI does a dive to the floor on YOH, taking him out. Shingo hits SHO with last of the dragon and picks up the pin.
– Zack Sabre Jr. def. “The Stone Pitbull” Tomohiro Ishii To Win The RPW British Heavyweight Title. The story of the match was Sabre working over Ishii’s arms so he couldn’t hit him with his lariat and brain-buster. Sabre hits an uppercut and Ishii counters with a suplex. Sabre applies an armbar, looking to make good on his threat to tap Ishii out in under a minute. Ishii reaches the ropes, thwarting him. Sabre stomps on Ishii’s right arm, which was heavily wrapped. Sabre taunts Ishii with some short kicks to the chest and uses his legs to apply a head and arm choke on the ground. Ishii again rolls to the ropes. Sabre uses a northern lights, then switches to an ankle lock. Ishii escapes and applies an ankle lock of his own. Ishii hits a lariat in the corner. Sabre tries to apply a guillotine, but Ishii suplexes out of it. Ishii hits a superplex, but Sabre hooks Ishii’s arm on the landing, then torques on it with his legs. Sabre continues to work on the right arm with stomps and a wrist-lock. They do a crazy sequence of reversals and misdirections, ending with Sabre applying the octopus. Ishii slips out after a struggle. They exchange shots and Ishii hits a headbutt to the chest. Ishii hits a lariat for a two count. Ishii teases a brain-buster, but Sabre escapes. Ishii goes for the brain-buster again, but Sabre jumps into a guillotine. Sabre transitions to an octopus, then a double arm octopus and Ishii submits.
Click Here: United Kingdom Rugby Jerseys
– Los Ingobernables de Japon (“King Of Darkness” EVIL & “Cold Skull” SANADA) def. The Young Bucks (Matt & Nick Jackson) & The Guerrillas Of Destiny (“The Bad Boy” Tama Tonga & Tanga Loa) To Win The IWGP Heavyweight Tag Team Titles. EVIL & SANADA starts on the apron as Tonga & Nick starts off the legal men. EVIL & Matt get tags and EVIL sends Matt to the floor, then hits a running lariat on the ramp. Matt sells his back. The Bucks hits a sequence of tandem offense on EVIL & SANADA. SANADA goes down to the floor, selling. Matt & EVIL were the legal men. Nick hits an incredible springboard dive off the top rope to the floor, while Matt uses a sharpshooter on EVIL. Loa comes in to break it up, but Tonga stops him as they are selling the idea that they have turned over a new leaf this year. EVIL tags SANADA, who ties Matt up in the paradise lock. SANADA hits three pescados. Nick misses a dive to the floor and SANADA hits his fourth consecutive pescado onto both Bucks. SANADA applies skull end to Matt. Nick breaks it up. Tonga hits a Tongan twist. EVIL & SANADA hits a magic killer. Matt hits a spear. They do a stacked up superplex spot and Nick hits a 450 to SANADA. Jado jumps in with a kendo stick, but Fale stops him from interfering. Jado eats a double superkick. EVIL lariats Fale to the floor. SANADA hits a springboard into a superkick by The Bucks. Tonga hits a gun stun. EVIL & SANADA hits Matt with a magic killer and SANADA hits a moonsault for the pin.
– “The Flamboyant” Juice Robinson def. “The American Nightmare” Cody Rhodes To Win The IWGP United States Title. Cody attempts a belt shot before the bell, but Juice ducks it. Juice takes control early. Juice hits a juice box. He goes to the top, but Brandi lays on top of Cody and Juice wouldn’t jump on her. That allows Cody to take over. Cody goes for a delayed vertical. Juice escapes. Cody distracts the referee, allowing Brandi to jump in and hit Juice with a spear. Referee Tiger Hattori ejects Brandi from ringside for that. Cody uses the distraction of Brandi’s ejection to hit cross Rhodes for a near-fall. Cody escapes pulp friction. Cody goes for cross Rhodes, but Juice reverses it into one of his own for a near-fall. Cody hits a disaster kick, then hits pulp friction for a near-fall. Cody takes off his weight belt and whips Juice with it. Cody slaps Juice and taunts him and Juice is fired up. Juice hits his series of jabs, but Cody cuts off the left hand of god with a superkick. Cody goes for another disaster kick, but Juice hits him with left hand of god twice. Juice hits two pulp frictions for the decisive win.
– “The Bone Soldier” Taiji Ishimori def. KUSHIDA To Win The IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Title. KUSHIDA attacks Ishimori’s left arm with a kick at the outset. Ishimori recovers and takes over. He uses a cross-face, but KUSHIDA reaches the ropes. Ishimori hits a seated senton. KUSHIDA comes back with strikes, but Ishimori hits a sliding german. Ishimori goes for a 450, but KUSHIDA hits a flying armbar, then transitions through a series of holds, ending with a kimura. Ishimori does some power stuff. He goes for a lung-blower, but KUSHIDA slips out and hits a referee-assisted kick. KUSHIDA gets rolling. He goes for back to the future, but Ishimori counters with a lung-blower, connecting this time. He goes for the bloody cross, but KUSHIDA turns it into a hover-board lock. Ishimori fights for the ropes, then slips out and hits a DVD into a double down. Ishimori hits double knees in the corner, then hits the bloody cross for the pin.
– “Switchblade” Jay White def. ‘The Rainmaker” Kazuchika Okada. Okada hits a running low dropkick to White’s neck. Okada hits the ropes. Gedo trips him and White launches him into the corner pad. White suplexes Okada over the top to the floor. White sends Okada into the security fence and the ring frame, repeatedly. Back inside, White hits a Saito suplex for a two count. White works over Okada’s head and neck. This turns into a slap fight. Okada hits a pair of running back elbows and hits a DDT for a two count. Okada places White on the top, then dropkicks him to the floor. White sells his leg. Okada sends White and Gedo over the security fence, then hits a running crossbody over the fence to the floor. Back inside, Okada hits a top rope elbow. Okada hits his rainmaker pose. White pops up, hits a suplex, then hits a uranage for a two count. White goes for the blade runner, but Okada slips out. Gedo distracts the referee, while White swings and misses with a chair. Okada hits Gedo with a dropkick, then hits one on White. Okada goes for the rainmaker, but White turns it into a lariat. White hits a kiwi crusher for a near-fall. Okada hits a tombstone into a double down. Both men sells exhaustion. White ducks a lariat and steps away from a dropkick. White goes for a blade runner, but Okada whips him into the ropes, then hits a dropkick. They do an insane series of finisher reversals, ending with Okada hitting a rainmaker. Okada goes for a second rainmaker, but White reverses it into a blade runner and gets the 1-2-3.
– Tetsuya Naito def. Chris Jericho in a No DQ Match To Win The IWGP Intercontinental Title. Naito jumps Jericho during his entrance. They brawl around ringside, with Naito gaining the upper hand. Naito hits a piledriver on the ramp. In the ring, Naito continues his assault with a turnbuckle pad and a flying headscissor. Naito goes for a suicide dive, but Jericho whacks him with a kendo stick. Jericho goes after Naito with the stick in the ring. Jericho stomps on Naito’s throat, then sends him to the floor with a springboard dropkick. Jericho hits a vertical suplex on the floor, then follows up with a DDT on a table. Back inside, Jericho hits a high cross off the top for a near-fall. Jericho poses and taunts, then hits a lion-sault for a two count. Naito finally makes a comeback, hitting a flying forearm and a pair of neck-breakers. Naito goes for the combinacion de cabron, but Jericho catches him coming in and slaps on the walls of Jericho. Naito flips out of the walls. Jericho goes for a codebreaker, but Naito turns it into a DDT. Naito hits gloria for a two count. Jericho gets the walls again, but Naito grabs a kendo stick and fights Jericho off. Naito hits several kendo stick shots. He goes for another, but Jericho ducks and hits a codebreaker for a near-fall. Jericho exposes a buckle. Jericho tosses several chairs into the ring. Jericho hits Naito with chair shots and Naito counters with a DDT onto the chairs. Naito hits a codebreaker of his own for a near-fall. Naito goes up top with a kendo stick, but Jericho throws a chair at him and cuts him off. Jericho goes for a superplex, but Naito hits a DDT on the chairs. Naito goes for destino, but Jericho shoves him off into the referee, hits a low blow and gets a near-fall. Jericho grabs the title belt. He goes for a belt shot, but Naito ducks. Jericho gets sent into the exposed buckle and Naito hits him with destino for a near-fall. Naito hits a belt shot, then hits a second destino for the pin.
– “The Ace Of NJPW” Hiroshi Tanahashi def. “The Best Bout Machine” Kenny Omega To Win The IWGP Heavyweight Title. They begin with some grappling. Omega backs Tana into the ropes and breaks cleanly, but Tana slaps him. Omega snaps and gets sloppy. Tana goes to work on Omega’s legs. He uses a cradle for a near-fall. Tana continues working the legs and the two exchange slaps to the face. Tana ties up Omega’s legs and Omega reaches the ropes. Omega hits a knee lift and an elbow drop. Omega uses stomps, then hits a backbreaker for a near-fall. They exchange forearms and chops and Omega works over Tana’s back with kicks. They brawl to the floor. Tana hits a dropkick, but Omega takes control. He slams Tana into and then over the barricade. It looks like Tana caught his lower back on the edge of a table as he went over the barricade. Omega hits a moonsault off the barricade. Omega sets up a table, but Tana cuts him off and sends him back in to the ring. Omega ducks Tana’s slaps, but Tana connects with a flying forearm. Tana hits a dragon screw, then a second rope somersault senton for a two count. Tana goes for slingblade, but Omega cuts him off and hits a kotaro krusher. Tana rolls to the floor. Omega teases the terminator dive, but Tana cuts him off. Omega hits a snap rana, sending Tana to the floor again. Omega hits the rise of the terminator onto the ramp. Back inside, Omega hits a missile dropkick to Tana’s back and shoulder. Omega hits a snap dragon, but Tana pops right up. Omega hits a second dragon, but Tana pops up again. Omega blasts him with a v-trigger. Omega goes for you can’t escape, but tweaks his knee before executing the moonsault. With Omega perched on the top, Tana hits a dragon screw as Omega sells the damage to his leg. Tana hits twist and shout, then uses a cloverleaf. Tana starts to lose the hold, then transitions to and hits a Styles clash. Tana goes for high fly flow, but Omega gets his knees up. Tana sits in the corner. Omega goes for a v-trigger, but Tana escapes and Omega’s knee crashed into the corner pad.
Tana hooks Omega’s leg over the middle rope and hits a dragon screw. Tana hits slingblade on the apron. Tana places Omega on a table. He goes for a high fly flow, but Omega moves and Tana crashes through the table. Omega wouldn’t take a count-out victory and rolls Tana back inside. Omega hits a double stomp as Tana was draped over the middle rope. Omega hits a series of powerbombs for a series of near-falls. Omega goes for a v-trigger, but Tana counters with a slingblade. They do a double down, both men selling exhaustion. They exchange strikes and slaps. Tana slips on a strike and Omega hits him with a knee to the ribs. Omega hits a slingblade, then hits a high fly flow, but Tana kicks out at one. Omega hits a v-trigger and both men dropped to the mat. Omega was first up. They trade strikes. Omega hits a short v-trigger. He goes for another, but Tana hits a low dropkick to the knee. Omega counters with a reverse rana. Tana rolls to the ropes and Omega nails him with a v-trigger. Omega goes for the one-winged angel, but Tana counters with a reverse rana of his own. Tana hits a dragon suplex for a two count. Tana hits a high fly flow to a standing Omega. He follows with another, but Omega kicks out. Tana goes up top and Omega hits a v-trigger while Tana climbs the ropes. Omega hits a dragon suplex off the top. Omega hits a v-trigger. He goes for a one-winged angel, but Tana flips out of it. Tana hits slingblade. Tana goes to the top and hits high fly flow. This time, it was enough. 1-2-3. Tanahashi cuts a promo after the match thanking his friends, the fans and promising a new era. He plays some air guitar, despite his exhaustion. He again thanks the fans, closing out the show.