Perfect weather conditions drew hundreds of competitors to Roundhay Park for the 2015 Leeds Triathlon – the same venue that will host a round of the ITU World Triathlon Series next year.
Jonathan Chatten leaves the swim
The sprint distance title went to Jonathan Chatten of North West Regional Academy who was dominating the field after an exceptionally fast swim and run, winning the race in a time of 01:17:22. Joseph Hudson of Sheffield Tri Club claimed third place in 01:24:22, ahead of David Stevens of Triangle who finished in 01:25:13.
Kirsteen Young on the bike
The women’s sprint title went to Kirsteen Young of Leeds Bradford Triathlon Club who crossed the finish line in a time of 01:31:21. Anna Hobbs of Valley Striders Triathlon Club secured second place in 01:38:49, ahead of Sarah Roberts of Manchester Triathlon Club in 01:40:48.
Leeds Triathlon 2015 – Standard Distance
1) Pete Shuttleworth (Belper 10:20 Triathlon Club), 02:09:24
2) Richard Howarth, 02:10:32
3) Richard Ebbage (Trilogy / Royal Marines), 02:10:48
1) Hannah Bridger, 02:35:11
2) Jane Milnes, 02:39:42
3) Beth Eyles, 02:49:32
Leeds Triathlon 2015 – Sprint Distance
1) Jonathan Chatten (North West Regional Academy), 01:17:22
2) Joseph Hudson (Sheffield Tri Club), 01:24:22
3) David Stevens (Triangle), 01:25:13
1) Kirsteen Young (Leeds Bradford Triathlon Club), 01:31:21
2) Anna Hobbs (Valley Striders Triathlon Club). 01:38:49
3) Sarah Roberts (Manchester Triathlon Club), 01:40:48
The full results are available on www.xtramileevents.com/results/2015/.
Were you racing the Leeds Triathlon? Let us know in the comments below!