At Thursday’s weigh-ins for Friday’s Bellator 143 event, one fighter missed so badly, his fight had to be scrapped.
In the main event, Joe Warren will face LC Davis with both men hitting at 135.75 pounds. The winner will be gearing up for a bantamweight title shot with a victory. In another feature bout, Joey Beltran (186 pounds) continues to look for some consistency against Kendall Grove (185.5).
The story of the weigh-ins was Nick Gonzalez who was set to face Ryan Couture. Instead of coming into the fight at the non-title lightweight limit of 156 pounds, Gonzalez stepped onto the scales at 172.75 pounds, over the welterweight limit. The fight was scrapped, but Couture (155.5) will be paid his show money. It’s likely that Gonzalez will be done with Bellator after this.
Here’s the rest of the weigh-in results. Spike TV main card coverage will be coming your way on Friday night:
– Emmanuel Sanchez (146) vs. Henry Corrales (145.5)
– Vinicius Queiroz (230) vs. Ewerton Teixeira (236)
– Saul Elizondo (135) vs. Amador Ramirez (134.75)
– Eduardo Bustillos (136) vs. Steve Garcia (135.5)
– Shawn Bunch (135.5) vs. Darrion Caldwell (135.5)
– Dan Charles (232.5) vs. Chase Gormley (263)
– Gleristone Santos (146) vs. John Teixeira (146)
– Jared Chaffe (155) vs. Guilherme Farias da Costa (156)
– Luke Flores (155.5) vs. Gilbert Jimenez (155)
– Abdul Razak Alhassan (170.5) vs. Bryce Mejia (171)